Saturday, 20 April 2013

Beauty tricks using Olive oil

Hey everyone,

           Olive oil is a total must-have for everyone. It has totally worked wonders to my skin and hair. It has vitamin A and vitamin E. It also has anti-oxidants which softens up your skin and hair. It doesn't clog pores and has oleic acid that improves the elasticity of your skin. It's also super-moisturizing for your hair. I've been using olive oil in my daily routine for a little while now and I already love it. Today I'm going to tell you a few ways you can use olive oil for your benefit.



  • Nail moisturizer- Remove nail paint from your nails, if any. Take a bowl and pour some olive oil in it. Heat it for 10 seconds. Dip your hands in it so that your nails are covered in the oil. Keep them for about 10-15 minutes. Take them out for beautiful nails. Apply a lovely nail paint and seal with a top coat to keep them from getting chipped.
  • Hand and feet moisturizer- Use olive oil as a body lotion on your body. It keeps you moisturized and warm so I avoid using it on my body during summers, but I apply it on my hands and feet a couple of times everyday. It keeps them from getting dry.
  • Lip scrub- As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, you can make a lip scrub at home using olive oil. Take a tea spoon of olive oil and a tea spoon of sugar. Mix them well and your lip scrub is ready. Use it and pat dry your lips with a damp towel and apply a lip balm on top of it. It sloughs off the dead skin and makes your lips soft and smooth.
  • Cleanser- Take a bottle and fill it with 3/4 with water and the rest with olive oil. Your cleanser is ready. You can use this mixture to take off your make-up everyday. It doesn't give you any breakouts as it doesn't clog pores. Remember to shake the bottle well before taking it out on a cotton pad. Trust me, it takes off all the makeup at once.
  • Hair conditioning- Olive oil is great for conditioning your hair too. It moisturizes your hair really well and leaves you with soft and silky hair. Put it on at night before sleeping and shampoo your hair next morning. You can also make a hair mask with it. Mix it with some honey and heat it in the microwave for 5 seconds and apply it on your hair 1-2 hours before shampooing.
  • Face mask- Make a paste by mixing some mashed apricots and warm olive oil. Apply it on your face. leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off with water.
             
    So, that's all for today's post. I hope you all liked it and do let me know in the comments below if you try any of it.

What beauty trick would you recommend using olive oil?

P.S. I need at least 50 followers to have a giveaway. So, don't forget to follow me. :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely try it as a cleanser

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And do let me know if you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's really moisturizing for our skin. :)

      Delete
  3. Olive oil really works wonders to our skin and hair! Thanks for the great tips!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure does. :)
      And you're welcome. :)

      Delete
  4. love this! i sometimes mix olive oil and sugar together as a body scrub - it works super well but makes your bathtub VERY slippery!

    ps - check out my JewelMint giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also add coconut oil to it to make it even more moisturizing. :)
      And you can use it as a lip scrub too. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      Do let me know if you try any of these. :)

      Delete